Ahhh, our baby boy is turning 2 in a few weeks! So, of course, a celebration is in order. We are celebrating another year that Shawn and I have survived as parents :), but more importantly, we are celebrating another healthy, happy and productive year of Mikey's life.For the past year, Mikey has been obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba, so it was blatantly obvious what the theme for his party would be. And I am known to be one to overdo the kids' parties, but hey, nothing is ever too much for my babes!
I've finished the first of the long list of crafting that I need to complete for Mikey's party. It was a birthday banner that I made to hang on the mantle above the fireplace. I put it up just to try it on for size, but I think I will just keep it there. :) I spent enough time on the darn thing, I should at least get the most mileage out of it!

Now, isn't it just super convenient that we are a family of FIVE, the same number of silly, yet lovable, characters from the show. Because of this convenient coincidence, it is only necessary that I make a shirt for each of us, inspired by this photo that I found on Gabbafriends.com. Shawn will be Plex. I will be Foofa, Mikey is Brobee, Izzy is Muno and Liam will be Toodee. Oh, so perfect!

Next, there is the Brobee pinata. The method I found online seems really easy, but we will see how that goes later this week...

I'll also prepare one set of these adorable balloons! It seems like a lot of work, but they are just too cute and Mikey will flip out at the sight of them! I'll precut the paper pieces and stick them on once we blow up the balloons the morning of the party. I'm really good at making myself a long list of things to do at the last minute. :P
And, last but not least, are the goody bags. Mine will look very similar to these, as the characters are just print-outs from the nickjr website. I will also put up the backdrops for a closer feel to being in Gabba Land!!! Yoooooooo Gabba Gabba!
I know, even I think I'm crazy. But, tell me, who wouldn't want to give this sweet and adorable little boy the world!

So, put your party hats and dancing shoes on, because you won't want to miss this Gabba Gabba Extravaganza!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment