8.11.2010

First days are the worst days....

...for Mom, at least! Isaiah and Mikey were both sooo over summer and ready to go back to school. I try not to think it's because they're sick of my constant company since I know I was loving every moment of it! (Well...most moments of it, anyway.) :)

The boys' first days are always pretty sad days for me. My heart is happy and excited for them, as I send them off on the next year of their educational journey. I also take comfort in that they are ready and excited to go and I can only hope I have prepared them well. But I can't help but be a little sad that they are growing up...and so much more quickly that I ever imagined. Although, I did find solace in a friend's post on Facebook today about her daughter's first day of 11th grade. Whew! Thank goodness I have 10 more years to prepare myself for that one! lol That's a whole different realm of college visits and applications...but, I must say I am secretly looking forward to helping the boys with their Calculus homework. Math classes are the one thing I miss most about school!!!

Mikey started last week at a new preschool, Bella Vista Christian Academy. I think he eased into the transition well since he had two of his buddies in his class. Not an ounce of hesitation from this big boy!!!Isaiah started 1st grade today at the same school as last year, Anthony Traina Elementary, which is just a walk around the block from our home. He was also very eager to start a new school year. I hope it's because he's excited to learn and not because he gets to wear all of his new clothes, shoes and backpack. lolAs for me, I get lots of quality time with my little Liam. And on the days that Mikey doesn't have preschool, I get to spend some time with him as well. This morning, we are off to Mikey's first gymnastics class. :)

No comments: