I feel blessed to have a dedicated and hard-working husband and father to our boys. I feel very blessed that he has put us in a position where I am able to be a stay-at-home mom to our boys, especially during this time of transition where each and every one of them needs me in one way or another at every moment of the day.
I feel blessed that we have finally made a home for us here in Tracy, where the boys find comfort and are enjoying their childhood. They are excited about school and are excelling in their studies and extra-curricular activities. And, most importantly, they love being and doing things together. I love that.
I feel blessed for the great friends and neighbors that our family has made within the last year and a half, whom have been an incredible support system to us in more ways than one. They love us and are always willing to help us out in any way that they can, and within a moment's notice. They welcome my family into their homes and are always there for me, whether I need an ear to vent to, a shoulder to cry on, or someone to share my joys with. I love them for helping me keep my head up.
I feel blessed for our families that are a never-ending stream of love and support. I feel blessed for my stepmom, who calls me every few days to remind me of me, which is someone who I tend to neglect. Of course, she asks how the boys are shortly into the conversation, but she always reminds me that I need to take care of myself before anyone else because if I am not well, no one in the family can be either. She offers to come and stay with for a weekend just to help. Nothing specific, just to be of help in any way that she can. I love her for her thoughtfulness.
I truly believe that we have my Mom and her angels watching over us and guiding us. I just need to remember to slow down and appreciate all of the blessings in our life, no matter how small or simple. Because those are the things that truly matter when there is nothing else. Like my little Mikey told me the other morning, "Mommy, you just need to SLOW down." And that's just what we are going to do.



1 comment:
Amen, sister.
Post a Comment