anyway, she posted about a walking treadmill workout created by courtney that i have been dying to try out. i recently injured my back, so i've slowly been getting back into high impact workouts again. the idea of running still scares me, so this "sweaty mess" workout sounded like a great alternative. ruthie also had me sold when she mentioned the booty workout she gets from this. i'm sure you've seen me complain about my shrinking butt. now, if someone could just tell me how to lose the weight in the places i want to {i.e. not my butt}, then i'll be all set.
i did this workout for the first time today, and i was definitely a sweaty mess. i felt more taxed than i do when i run. those inclines are no joke, people. i was panting like a freakin' dog. i think i need to tweek the speeds a little bit, though, because i found that i had to do a slow jog for 4.5 mph; it was just too fast for walking for me.
try it! you're gonna love it.
| source |
and when that starts to feel easy and you're feeling like superwoman, try the sweaty mess incline intervals for running.
| source |
just seeing that 9.0 mph at the end made me tired. maybe next week.....



2 comments:
yeah girl!!!!!!! thanks so much for the shout out and I am so glad you are posting about the workout...it is by far one of the best cardio workouts I've ever done! I am NOT a runner by no means (I get scared too when I see 9mph!) but this kicks your boot-ayyy!!
I might try this! But only for 15-20 minutes as Joelle is doing her tae kwon do. I don't want to get to the "9" spot! That's just crazy!
Post a Comment