My boys love "go-gurts". I'm sure you are familiar, but if not, they are those super-convenient tubes of yogurts perfect for lunches and on-the-go snacking. I loved to freeze them and put them in school lunches because they would act as a cold pack to keep their lunch cool, but would also be thawed just in time for lunch at 11:30.
Well, once we started this "real food" journey, I read the ingredients on a tube of our beloved go-gurts and learned that, yes, they have yogurt, but they also have tons and tons of sugar and other preservatives in them. I took the suggestion of the 100 Days of Real Food blog and ordered these reusable ice pop molds from amazon.
I can make my own "go-gurts" for the boys using plain Greek yogurt, which has one ingredient: cultured Grade A milk. We mix in some honey for a little sweetness.
I also fill these molds with smoothies. Liam, in particular, is loving these in his lunches. He is even doing a great job of bringing the molds home each day.
I love smoothies for so many reasons, but mostly because I can sneak in all kinds of good-for-them things and they have no idea. Nothing but fruits and vegetables in there....
I'm still working on them drinking carrot juice straight from the juicer. So far, Mikey has been ok with carrots and oranges and I'm happy with that - baby steps!
The official Adams Boys seal of approval..









No comments:
Post a Comment