7.27.2010

Halfway there...

When I received my weekly e-mail sent by Fit Pregnancy this morning, I was a little shocked after reading the first line: Hello, Katrina. Around now, you should feel a psychological boost: You’ve made it halfway already! I thought to myself, "WTH?", for two reasons. 1) Seriously? We are HALFWAY there? And 2) Seriously? I'm supposed to feel a psychological boost? Umm, the last few days it's been more of a psychological deflation.

I've had nausea from 2pm until whatever time it is that I'm finally able to wrestle myself to sleep. I've also had an f'ing migraine that has lasted 2 days and counting now for which I tried a new migraine rx my ob gave me that ended up making the pain worse and even added pressure to the otherwise lacking list of ailments. Whoever said that the second trimester is the "honeymoon stage" of pregnancy needs to be kicked somewhere that hurts because this pregnancy has been kicking my ass since the day we found out.

It's been hard...but it has also been exciting. Exciting to go to the dr every few weeks with the boys and let them hear their new baby's heartbeat. Exciting to be laying in bed ready to throw up, then suddenly feel the movements of our little miracle fluttering around in my belly. Exciting to be laying on the couch and have the boys run up to me and say, "I want to give our baby a kiss." They can't wait to meet their new little sibling and I can't wait to to start our new voyage with a beautiful new addition to our family and create more unforgettable memories. I'm already imagining the immediate burst of energy I will have as soon as I pop this baby out!

Halfway there....that's all I can keep saying to myself to get me through these difficult days. We are all halfway there....


No comments: