10.25.2010

Venting

I'm going to vent. And, gosh darn it, YOU are going to listen! I have been a walking zombie for about two weeks now for the following, but not limited to, the following reasons:
  • Liam has been having tons, and I mean TONS, of appointments.
  • Bro-in-law got married and that was a 4-day-long process
  • Funeral of a good friend who will be missed dearly, as soon as we returned from the wedding
  • Fieldtrip to the pumpkin patch with a gang of 3 year olds
  • A Saturday with two Stella & Dot trunks shows back-to-back (this is a GREAT thing; but my feet and booty hurt like no other by the end of the day)
  • Learned of the death of my closest Aunt, who has always been a "Lola (Grandma)" to me and eventually became a mother figure when I lost Mom to cancer 8 years ago.
  • The loss of my Aunt caused a number of consecutive, sleepless nights, which really took a toll on my body that was already really exhausted by this time and I ended up having to deal with the stomach flu for 3 days. It was coming out both ends for three days, people. Not fun. Sooo thankful my kids didn't get it.
  • Then there was my Aunt's viewing and funeral and time spent with various family members who journeyed from all over the place. By this time, I really wasn't even better but had to suck it up.
  • Saturday was the Multicultural festival at Isaiah's school - I was the "Activities Coordinator" for the event, so I was there on my feet from 8am until 5pm, making sure all of the activities were running smoothly, amidst the cold and threat of rain.
  • And with the emotional and physical stress, the responsibilities of daily life while raising three kids such as laundry, cooking, cleaning, bathroom duty (Oh yes, this a task of its own when I have two young boys and a husband, all with bad aim, using the toilets in this house. I clean in and around them AT LEAST every other day or else I won't be able to use them myself).
  • Not to mention, I'm 8 months pregnant and I really FEEL like I'm 8-months pregnant. *SIGH*
By last Saturday night, I couldn't walk nor could I even eat. I nestled into bed at about 7pm and slept. I slept and slept. I slept all night, I slept all morning Sunday, woke up for lunch, and slept some more. I woke up for dinner and then went right back to sleep. I only woke up this morning and I was feeling AWESOME! Amazing what sleep can do for you.

I locked myself in my room for an hour or so this afternoon just to catch up on some things on the computer and got a good giggle when I finally emerged and found this...
No complaints...it DEFINITELY could have been much worse. Just makes me wonder what they were trying to do. If they were trying to keep me away, they should know that a wall of furniture and toys is not necessary. The dog is not even a bit intimidating, either. I would happily retreat to my bedroom anytime, if only they so kindly asked.

No comments: