12.01.2010

oh, yes. i did.

I discovered the most amazing recipe for S'mores Bars by accident. I had a box of graham crackers and nobody in this house eats graham crackers just by themselves...I have no idea why. So, I was trying to figure out something yummy to bake them into. These S'mores Bars turned out HEAVENLY.

Easy, peasy and you've probably got all of the ingredients in the pantry already.

12 graham crackers
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 cups mini marshmallows
4 milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces (I used chocolate chips)

1. Heat oven to 350*F. Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place graham crackers onto foil so sides touch.
2. Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and mixture just comes to a boil. Pour evenly over crackers. (Yes. That says pour. Mmmmm....is your mouth watering yet?)
3. Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until bubbly.
4. Remove pan from oven; sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate pieces. Continue baking until marshmallows begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely (this is important so that it cuts nicely) and cut into bars.

Look at this ooey, gooey, bubbly deliciousness. 
If you are not salivating, you have no stomach.

And here they are served nicely on a dessert platter.

 That's right, I did it! 
I made my dessert platters despite my disgust in the seemingly overpriced local Goodwill. *Grunt*

I couldn't resist making a Christmas-y one. 
We will use it to plate Santa's cookies on Christmas Eve.

The green one is my fave of the faves. 
Tip: The random, mismatched plates at the dollar store only ring up 25cents. Score! 
Almost makes up for the expensive $3 candlestick holders. Bahahaha.

2 comments:

Anne Eurose said...

LOVE! I need a day of "no kids" and just have a full day of my "to do" crafts (mostly to store-hop to get materials 'coz I have nothing at home). BTW, I'm a follower :).

katrina adams said...

yeah. the material hunt is the most time consuming. and it's almost impossible to scour a thrift store with a toddler-or-younger. learned that while trying to tote liam around. throw in "autistic" and we were a train wreck. thanks for following. :)