7.16.2009

WICKED WAS CRAZY WICKED!

Phuong and I had a fantastic time on our SF outing last night. She is leaving for France next week, so we decided to squeeze this in asap so that we didn't have to wait until she returned from her trip. We headed to the city after work and had dinner at Soluna Cafe & Lounge, right across from the Civic Center park.
I loved how it felt more like a lounge than a restaurant, with the plush, high-back benches for seating, heavy drapery and beautiful pendant lamps hanging everywhere. The artwork on the walls was also phenomenal; apparently, one of the owners creates all the artwork himself. I'm curious as to whether they are changed every so often...a good reason to keep going back! And Soluna was less than a two block walk to the Orpheum (super convenient as a pre-show dinner destination) AND you get a free dessert if you're there to see a show...can't beat that! Not to mention, the food was fantastic. Phuong and I shared the goat cheese & spinach salad and she had the steak for dinner, while I had the seared ahi tuna. All of it was delish!

Then, off to the show we went! Of course, we couldn't go in without taking a few snapshots outside the theater. :)
Gorgeous entryway to the theater.
Is my excitement obvious? I was clutching that ticket for dear life. There was nothing that would stand between me and the show that night! lol

The show was PHENOMENAL. I got goosebumps a number of times, just from the sheer power of the performances. I really recommend that EVERYONE see this! If you haven't yet, or even if you have, let me know! I'd be happy to go again!!! :)

1 comment:

Just Joey said...

Oh I can't wait to see it, I'm going in September!