Isaiah was thrilled to host the classroom mascot this past weekend. He is a stuffed monkey named Chipmunk, who really is the cutest little thing. He also came equipped with a few monkey books and a journal for Isaiah to write in about all the fun they had over the weekend. Me, on the other hand, I just couldn't get past the thought of 17 kindergarteners bringing him home before us and doing Lord knows what with him. All I could imagine was little germies crawling all over this stuffed monkey. Sigh...I know, I'm a paranoid, obsessive, crazy person. So?
Too bad we didn't do anything super-duper-over-the-top-fun that woulda knocked Chipmunk's bow tie off, but whatev. We all enjoyed his company nonetheless. Even though I did keep calling him Cooper all weekend, which Isaiah found extremely offensive for whatever reasons a 6yo has for being offended.
I'll just share a few of the photos that also ended up in the monkey journal. Here are Chipmunk and Isaiah getting their froyo on. Apparently, Chipmunk likes chocolate froyo...I like him already.

Hanging with Mikey and Cooper. We were getting ready to read Chipmunk's favorite books. Who knew monkeys could be narcissistic? All of his favorite books were about himself...

Chipmunk also enjoys popsicles. Yellow ones...

This last shot did not make it into the journal. But here is a nekkid Liam terrorizing the poor monkey....

Fun times with inanimate objects!
No comments:
Post a Comment