1.15.2010

The Frugalista Diaries ~ Beds Wear Skirts?

Photobucket

A few months ago, a friend and her husband handed over (literally, handed over, because they even delivered it to my house!) their king-size bed to us, as they were converting their guest room into their baby's nursery. (Thanks again, Ashley! <3) Every night, this wonderful gift has given us the best night's sleep of our lives. We have never woken up late and jumped out of bed like a screaming banshee as many times as we have since we got this bed. I'm not exaggerating...I swear.

Going from a queen size to a king size bed, all of our existing sheets became null and void. So, I have, very slowly, been trying to re-outfit our sleep haven. I have been dying for a bed skirt because I don't like being able to see under the bed. Don't know why...there's nothing under there, except maybe a random toy or sock. But, I just don't like it. So I stopped at my favorite thrift store again...just to see what they had. Lo and behold, I spotted my next fabulous frugal find!

A pretty Ralph Lauren bed skirt that would go great with the earthy colors in our room...But, I bet it's not even going to be the right size....
WHAT?! It's a KING!?
I want it...I want it...I quickly search for the price tag...DOUBLE-WHAT!? 49cents?! Are you kidding me!?

I am not one to carry cash...not even a couple bucks. Even when shopping at this thrift store, I have to whip out my debit card. But, nope, not today! I scooped up any and everything from the bottom of my purse and proudly walked out of there 53cents (after tax) later with a perfectly good Ralph Lauren bed skirt! INSANE. Needless to say, I am one happy camper and also one happy sleeper...and also one happy Katrina to not have to see under the bed anymore. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? 49 cents? Maybe the store keeper made a mistake. Perhaps it was really $49. 0r even $4.90. Wow! What a find! Where do you go? I want to go.

"Comment could not be processed" again.. so I am going anonymous. LOL

Mom