1.02.2010

The Resolutions of a 5yo

Shawn and I chatted with Isaiah over our New Year's dinner about what his resolutions were going to be for 2010. He went on and on...seems he may have been giving this some real thought! I can't quite remember them all, but here are the few that I could remember...

  • Make good choices.
  • Don't run in the hallway.
  • Don't talk in the lunchroom.
  • Listen attentively to my teacher and my parents.
  • Go back to Hilo and train with BJ Penn.
  • Go on a trip...to somewhere I've never been.

Unsurprisingly enough, 2 and 3 are the things he was getting 'benched' for at school before the xmas break. Shawn had even told Isaiah he would talk to the principal about getting his name on a placard that we would mount on his bench spot...since he sits there so often it might as well have his name on it!

I love his resolution to go somewhere he's never been. I love that about this kid. He's not afraid to try something new..in fact, he plans for it and jumps on any opportunity to do so.

It's amazing to see him grow up and have a mind that's completely his own...with his own idea of a thought process, which is actually very similar to Shawn's (aka arguing). We're convinced he will go into law, so we have adjusted our contributions to his 529 plan accordingly.

What are your New Year's resolutions?

1 comment:

Anne Eurose said...

Finally catching up on your blog :). Isaiah cracks me up!