1.06.2010

The Frugalista Diaries ~ A Cozy Coupe!

Photobucket

You may or may not know about my love for bargain hunting. I am the ultimate thrift-shop-shoppin', second-hand-lovin', consignment-store-scourin' sister that you'll ever meet. Don't get me wrong, I do buy things new (like diapers and food lol), but I very likely would have found it on sale or on a clearance rack. My hubby works hard for our money, and I do my best to make it go as far as I can! (You like how I called it 'our' money? haha!)

I decided to start posting my fabulous frugal finds on my blog. This should be fun, because I definitely have fun finding them! It makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. Yeah, I know, it doesn't take much....Without further ado, I present my first installment of The Frugalista Diaries...

This morning, I was driving from the gym to our playgroup and on the way I passed one of the two thrift stores in town. I love this one, in particular, because they put all of their kids' toys out front, so I can see what they have just by driving by. I don't even have to get out of my car, how convenient is that? It's like drive-thru shopping...

Today must have been my lucky day because I spotted a fantastic little cozy coupe that the boys always enjoy and have fun playing with at friends' homes. So, I bust a u-turn (a legal one, I promise), hop out of my car, and find that the cute little thing is only $8.99. Can't beat that! It was quickly paid for and tossed into my truck, barely making us any more late for playgroup than my class that ran late at the gym did.

Here is the lucky and happy recipient.. :)

2 comments:

Just Joey said...

I love this! Can't wait for your next post :)

Anne Eurose said...

I love great finds (the cheaper and more $ saved, the better)! I have to thank my Filipino blood for this bargain hunting talent :). You've been getting great deals :)!