11.16.2010

Oh, Fudge!

I have a cookie exchange this Friday that I'm trying out recipes for. I wanted to step away from the usual cookies that I circulate every year and try something new. So after some research, I decided I would try my hand at making fudge. And, oh my goodness, was it a very sweet success!!!!

I found an amazingly easy peasy recipe for Cinammon-Chocolate Fudge by Giada DeLaurentiis. Let me tell you, I'm not a huge fan of her or her cooking. But when I read the recipe....bittersweet chocolate...cinnamon...with kosher salt...I was sold!

The basic ingredients.
 OMG. Can you say YUM??
 Sprinkled with salt and headed into the fridge to set.
 Two hours later....delicious cinnamon-chocolate fudge!
The combination of flavors is so delish!!!! I'm already conjuring up some modifications like adding cayenne instead of sea salt to get a "mexican chocolate" flavor. Yum-o! Can't wait to share these on Friday!

No comments: