In this house, Thanksgiving means FOOD. Of course, we stress that the kids think about things they are thankful for, but we try our best to promote that sense of awareness every single day of the year. So the only real difference between Thanksgiving and any other old day is the grubbbbb!
And not only am I thankful to have a wonderful husband that "fits" me perfectly...but the man can cook. And I'm not even kidding. When they say that the way to man's heart is through his tummy...well, I guess the same goes for women because I swear his cooking is what won me over! :) Now, the tables have turned and, in the everyday routine, I'm the one that does all the cooking. So when a chance comes for him to get down and dirty in the kitchen, by all means, I hand over the apron and tongs and let the man do his thing. It's always a treat.
We ditched the conventional turkey as main course and ordered up a big, fat slab of prime rib roast from Kinder's. If you don't know about Kinder's, I'm so sorry. Because you are missing out on the greatest meat eh-ver. Look it up. Order some. Find a way. NOT EVEN KIDDING.
The delicious prime rib roast...before and after.
And if you don't know this by now, I will disclose that this entire family is a bunch of winos. Like, Grandpa turned the underside of his house into a wine cellar, kind of winos. And as soon as Isaiah was able recognize letters (not even necessarily read), we would send him crawling under the house with a flashlight and headlamp to fetch bottles.



No comments:
Post a Comment